Fancy New Shoes or Comfortable Slippers??

Please bear with me..the shoes thing will eventually lead somewhere!

If I've time to spare, there's nothing I love more than to settle down with a cuppa and have a wander through blogland to see what the crafters out there are making, what's hot and what's not, and what's new..just in case I've missed something! I never cease to be amazed at how quickly new stamps are inked up, made into a card, shown on blogs and entered into challenges.
Over on the Sugar Bowl I found these...


Cathy was quick off the mark to enter her beautiful Christmas card into the challenge. This stamp is called Snow Buddies and this is my favourite image for Christmas cards this year, I have plans to paper piece that umbrella! I love Cathy's pink and blue colour combo and the BG Eskimo Kisses papers still remain a favourite of mine.


Lisa's gorgeous card uses the image Jelly Pip from the Sherbet Pips range. I adore this colour combo and the simplicity of the card design, leaving the image the main focal point.
Both lady's put me to shame with their speediness..I'm a tortoise crafter...slow, slow, slow!

As exciting as it is to get a parcel of new rubber, it's also nice to go and re-visit the older stamps, the ones that are familiar...like the thrill of wearing a new pair of shoes to go out on the town, but when you come home again you slip on that favourite old pair of comfortable slippers. 


Paula has created this stunning card with the Gorgeous Girls image Foxy. I love Kraft cardstock and being a neutral colour it seems to make the other brighter colours really pop.


And Welmoed has made this perfectly pretty card using the image Bubbles, such soft and pretty colours and fabulous handmade flowers.

There is almost a week left to get your entries in to the Sugar Bowl challenge and be in with a chance of winning a fabulous prize..your choice of any 4 Sugar Nellie stamps. This will increase to 6 stamps if we reach 100+ entries, so spread the word around and get your entries in!

Thanks for looking.
Love Elaine xx

9 comments:

Marion said...

Hi, These are all beautiful cards and lovely to see old and new images. I have foxy and must get her out again and ink her up. She is a cutie.
hugs
Marion

Welmoed said...

Wow, what a great surprise, when i saw my card on this blog...!!!
Near that beautiful coloured cards,
Thank you for give me this honour!

Welmoed

Kim. said...

These are all beautiful cards, lovely images and all so gorgeously embellished.
Kim xXx

Shazza said...

all gorgeous cards Elaine, I am a tortoise crafter too x

Paula (PEP) said...

Jelly Piphas to be my favourite of these - I cannot get over the allure of these little ones & the individual character that various crafters give them. Foxy is one of my favourite oldies too & once again, Elaine, your selection showcases Sugar Nellie's range brilliantly. Like you I'm a tortoise - if not a snail.
Paula (PEP)

Janette said...

Love all these cards Elaine, it's so nice to see the old as well as the new.xx

Paula said...

Wow, I can't believe thats my card there! thanks so much for picking it out to show...
The other cards are gorgeous!

Paula xx

sue said...

gorgous cards each and every one of them,all so different so lovely.
sue xx

Unknown said...

Regarding all aspects the blog was perfectly nice. Orthotic Shoes