Sugar Addicts Showcase Sunday.

Good Morning Sugar Addicts. The very lovely and talented addict in the spotlight today  is Lisa, and first a little background information:

I'm Lisa, and I live in Sheffield with my husband and 2 young sons.  I've always been fairly crafty, starting out with knitting and embroidery as a child.  Then 4yrs ago, after a normal full term pregnancy, we had a stillborn son.  For a few months I went to pieces, work (kindly) offered me voluntary redundancy as I couldn't have gone back and eventually I needed something to fill my days while our eldest son was at school.  I wandered into Hobbycraft, picked up a card making magazine and the obsession began!  I think I was convinced making my own cards would actually save us money, but I dread to think how much I've spent over the years!  Cardmaking has kept me going though when I've had some very low days, so it's been worth every penny, and I now have a great 'hobby' that I don't think I'll ever get bored of. 
I'm now totally addicted to stamps and I'm lucky to be on some fab design teams.  Sugar Nellie's were one of my earliest loves when I first started stamping, and I still get excited when a new range is released.  I'm so thrilled to be showcased - thanks so much Elaine for asking me!

And here is the very Sassy card Lisa sent me for me to show...


Divine! Lisa used the Sassy image Boho Chic to create this fab card. I adore Lisa's colouring!
As always, I made myself a cuppa and enjoyed a good old nosey around her blog to pick some more cards to show you.


A very pretty card using a Leanne Ellis image (sorry, I think this one is out of stock at the moment). I love these Annie stamps and the soft, pastel colours are perfect.


For this one Lisa has used the Manga image Rock Idol. Fab papers and the perfect choice of embellies for a male card.


A totally gorgeous card using the Gorgeous Girls image Bumble Bee. And last but not least....


Lisa used the Sassy image 5th Avenue to create this beautiful and stylish card. Lisa has her own style of card making, quite clean and simple, minimal embellishments and awesome colouring which really shows off the images to their best.
Many thanks to Lisa for allowing me to showcase her fabulous cards and please visit Lisa's blog yourself and leave her some love with a comment, you won't be disappointed by the gorgeous array of cards you'll find there.

Only 5 more sleeps to go til the Carnival of Colour Blog Hop!!!

Thanks for looking
Love Elaine xx

9 comments:

Janette said...

Really love Lisa' work, well done on being showcased, your blog is always a fab place to visit,congrats sweetie.xxxx

Debs M said...

Lisa always makes gorgeous cards and her colouring is fantastic!! x

Aunty Sue said...

another stunning collection showcased here thanks for sharing

Pat said...

Lisa's work is fabulous! I love each and every masterpiece showcased here!! Oh...and I can't, can't, CAN'T WAIT until Friday! I'm dying to see all the new Sugar Nellie stamps! whoohooo! Hugs to all you fellow sugar addicts!
Pat Frank

Mau xx said...

Congratulations Lisa on being Showcased. Your work is wonderful and always inspiring xx Mau

Shazza said...

these are gorgeous cards x

coops said...

huge congrats to lisa.i love lisas blog and her cards and colouring are very inspiring ;D

xx coops xx

Paula (PEP) said...

Thanks for another introduction Elaine - I love the first one & that Annie stamp too. The colouring as you say is quite distinctive & I've not seen much of ProMarker & Koh-i-noor pencil colouring before. 'Twas a bit of an eye-opener popping over to Lisa's blog.
Paula (PEP)

Juls said...

I Love Lisa's work, so fab to see her showcased here!!! Hugs Juls