Sunday Spotlight


*Good morning Sugar Babes* shouts that out in her best Good Morning Vietnam voice.
Sunday, such a short day with so much to do. Yesterday I had to work the store and I had a quiet day with few surprises, we had a visit from Dawn Bibby, Tina, Paula & Linda from Inverness and our local queen of hats Lorraine. No matter who they are ,or how ever far they have traveled its a delight to see happy crafty people. In the summer we get a good few international visitors seeking out the home of Sugar Nellie and I think its time we put up a map in the shop to see where they have all come from.

Sunday spotlight, today I choose ebay, its an amazing place, almost having a car boot sale/mart/auction all to yourself. I tend to search two things these days, Sugar Nellie and Hanglar.

I was amazed and delighted to see one hand made card made by Bev sell for almost £40 and with anther one using Picking Apples looking like it might get higher bids. There is so much work in this type of cards that its lovely to get a realistic reward for all the time spent on them. I.com find it much easier to search OOAK, one of a kind, that would be an original made once card, that's what I look for but mostly over on http://www.etsy.com/

As most of you know we no longer sell stamps from Elizabeth Bell, but I now know where to send crafters when they phone up asking for a particular stamp from this past range,  go to ebay.

A gentle reminder, it is NOT OK to sell stamped images, this would be in breach of our Angel Policy, we do watch and report sellers that cross this line, sometimes with pre warning other times we go straight to ebay.

Selling hand coloured images is allowed and seems to be very popular, leaving me with the option to make them available as colour images as discussed before the release of Simply Adorables. I would never have believed people would pay more than the actual cost of these images just to have one coloured. Crafters are forever surprising me with their choices. Please  if you are selling these topper make sure that each one is hand colour.

So today's crafting diary has me headed over to facebook to the SUGAR NELLIES group to see the new challenge but first I had better go do the breakfast dishes before its time to cook lunch!.
Have a lazy day
Karen

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

*pouts* I came to visit too!!!!

Wiccababe said...

have a great Sunday - think it's a jammie day for me ;)
Debz
x

Marg said...

I think it depends if you are good at colouring! I was slightly disappointed when I bought the new "Adorable" digis that the illustrated coloured ones weren't included.(your other digis aren't shown this way) My ability to colour well is hampered by poor eyesight. Are they available from you already coloured?

Shazza said...

£40 for a card!!!!!!!!!!! I lvoe Bev's cards but seriously!! I ordered myself some SS girls and the adorables in didig yesterday....guess what I'm colouring tonight :0)
x

maddy hill said...

Here here Karen , i am myself find that your beautiful sugar nellies /Elisabeth bell and gorjuss are fab sellers ! and its amazing what others do with toppers ... they even collect them now - especially the discontinued ones ...and its thanks to the house of sugar ... You obviously have a cracking eye for a fab design as you pick the brilliant designers with designs that just never fade in popularity !
Daisy is one of my favs of all my stamps , i never stop loving colouring her x thanks Karen x

Paula (PEP) said...

Sounds like you have your hands full - the ebay coloured images suprised me & though I can see the attraction for those who don't want/cannot colour part of the whole process for me is the colouring & learning whilst I'm making. Hope the Facebook Challenge goes well (saw the details via Fiona's blog). Trying to think my way round joining Facebook without risking getting pestered again.
Paula (PEP)