A sweet colouring tutorial!!

Well, as soon as i found this colouring tutorial over at the Passion for Promarkers Workshop blog, i haaaad to ask if i could share it with you all here!! I am just getting to grips with colouring using my alcohol pens, and can NEVER pick up enough hints and tips and I am suuuure that I am not on my own with that one!!! I find it really hard knowing how to blend and shaddow etc so was thrilled to have found this tutorial showing how to colour monochrome - woohoo!!!

This tutorial has nothing to do with the Sugar Nellie DT, but the wonderful Debbi has provided permission to share it with you here on our blog - how sweet of her!!!!!! All credit is therefore with Debbi and the Passion for Promarkers Workshop blog.

Soooo wanna see how Debbi can colour Coffee time? ....

Firstly here's what I used: Stampin' Up, Whisper White cardstock, Memento Tuxedo Black inkpad, Coffee Time stamp from Sugar Nellie and Ice Grey 1,2,3,4 and 5 promarkers


Stamp your image onto the cardstock



Using the Ice Grey 1, I coloured where the shadowed areas of her skin would be, e.g. under the fringe, under her chin, the bottom side of her hands



Then I used Ice grey 1 again to colour most of her hair, leaving a small section in the middle white



I then took the Ice grey 2, and coloured over most of the area I coloured in the previous step, again leaving a small section near the middle in Ice Grey 1



Repeat this with the Ice Grey 3, then 4 and 5



I then used Ice Grey 1 in small circular motions all over the hair to blend the hard lines, you may have to do this more than once to get rid of the hard lines


For her tights and sleeves, I coloured the whole areas with Ice Grey 2 - using small circular motions



I used Ice Grey 4 to colour lines on either side of alternate stripes on her tights and sleeves



I then used Ice Grey 3 to colour the stripes in between, and then Ice Grey 5 on either side of these darker stripes - this makes the legs and arms look more rounded.



Using the same blending techniques as before, I coloured the dress, coffee cup and shoes


And the finished image...


Now how fabulous is that!!! I know that i for one will definately be trying it out!!! Thank you soo much Debbi for letting me share this tutorial here on the Sugar Nellie blog!! Debbi has even made a printable tutorial for you all which you can grab here. If you have found this tutorial useful, PLEASE do go and leave some love here, and if you give the technique a go i would LOVE to see your results!!!

1 comment:

shibuble said...

You make it look so easy! Mine would never turn out like this but i shall have a damn good try. And what a cutie she is.