Confessions of a craft shopper

Its a big weekend for craft shopping in Scotland, with the twice a year show at Glasgow SECC there are many crafty shoppers about. I had planned the trip down to Glasgow, especially keen to catch up with Gayle from the sugar bowl and baby Maya, but its not to be.

So today I hitched a lift from DH and went to Aberdeenshire, first stop the paper mill where I bumped into Fiona one of our loyal sugar addicts, then off to see my good friend Jacqui in Alford to stock up on yummy SEI 12" papers and Stamping Bella's. Last stop at Funkykits where Mark was flashing his stash of new stamps from USA, I could not resist the new set from Greeting Farm (O Happy Day)
and as I am totally useless at resisting a bargain I had to have the big bumper Spring kit from CC Designs.

As DH sat in the car peeping the horn (yes we all know its best to leave men at home when shopping) as sure sign that my time was up and my day was over.
Now I have all weekend to play with my new stash and I am sure that you too could have a little crafty time this weekend. Tonight I have to work on some Easter makes for my kids school and tomorrow I have to host a little dinner party with friends before lambing gets into full swing and I don't see DH until it ends. *rolls eyes*

Have a great weeked girls and for those of you who did get to the SECC, what did you buy?
Karen

8 comments:

Fiona said...

Karen...I like your story. I didn' manage the SECC either due to being off work sick with a sor back...fell down the stairs last Monday night..no alcohol was involved!! I have managed o stand and make some cards but I am hoping I will be bak at work on Monday. an you buy Stamping Bellas over here?? If you can then please tell me as hy are so oool.

Fi

Unknown said...

Hi Karen, was really great to bump into you today, bought a few bits n bobs while over visiting Jacqui could have spent so much more though. You'll love that spring kit, I got one in januaury and its fab, just need a few more hours in the day to play though.
Hope you didn't buy too many cakes and pastries this morning xxx

maddy hill said...

oh i am jealous ! crafty shopping !

i miss making easter pressies for my kids they are too old now lol ... i get to make them for my boyfriends kids now !

if you check out my blog sun /mon theres a tutorial for a kids easter pressie .. if thats any use to ya .lol

hugs
maddy x

Suzi Mac said...

Hi Karen, I did manage to get to the SECC today, it was fab, I bought 6 sugar nellie stamps, 3 WoJ stamps, 8 MS new punches. Promarkers (10 packs of 5) for £55.00. lots and lots of other bits and bobs oh I nearly forgot, some flower soft. Can't wait to start playing with everything tomorrow. I'm far too exhausted tonight. Hugs Suzi x

Gayle said...

Hi Mum...

Maya and I weren't at the SECC either...a slight problem with some 'fallen arches' can't walk the length of myself at the moment!
Therefore I didn't buy anything...although there is always t'internet!!!

Maya and I hope to see you (and that English woman) VERY soon!

Much love

G x

Vee said...

Sounds like you had a fab shopping day. I managed to get to SECC with my friend Elaine, we spent way too much as usual. I got some pearls and jewelery findings, loads of tape, don't think I'll run out of that for a while.lol Laura Ashley papers, some sentiment stamps from Wild Rose Studio,loads of ribbon,scissors and esential basics. Had a fab day and also met the lovely Bev Rochester at the Hobby House stand. Lovely lady!
xx Vee

CraftyNess said...

Well I made it to the SECC and here is the list of purchases:

4 Sugar Nellie Stamps
2 Pirate Stamps
2 Musical Stamps (electric guitar and musical note)
Jean Pocket Stamp
Baby Sentiment Stamp
Tea Stamp Set
Hobby Art Seaside Stamp Set
do you think I like stamps.....
2 Packets of ProMarkers
4 Martha Stewart Punches

so not too much.... lol

CraftyNess said...

I made it to the SECC and bought:

4 Sugar Nellie Stamps
2 Pirate Stamps
2 Musical Stamps (electric guitar and musical note)
Jean Pocket Stamp
Baby Sentiment Stamp
Tea Stamp Set
Hobby Art Seaside Stamp Set
do you think I like stamps.....
2 Packets of ProMarkers
4 Martha Stewart Punches

So not too much really... lol can't wait to get in to my stamps. Roll on card class tomorrow night!